Web Platform Introduction to Bridge Inspection
- Brand: Laboratorio Nacional de Materiales y Modelos Estructurales
- Product Code: 2876-02
- Availability: 23
Modality: Web mode course.
Price: ¢ 32,500 colones (Thirty-two thousand five hundred colones)
Quotas available: 25
Duration: 45 effective hours
With Certificate of use issued by the University of Costa Rica.
Dates of the course: from July 1 to August 5, 2019.
Deadline for registration and payments: July 10, 2018.
Link to the web platform of the course: https://capacitacion.lanamme.ucr.ac.cr
Inquiries and information: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +506 2511-2519
· Overall objective
Introduce the basic concepts of bridge inspection and establish the foundations for advanced inspection courses.
· Addressed to
Civil Engineering professionals and technical assistants involved in the inspection and maintenance of existing bridges.
· Specific objectives
1. Explore the background of the Administration of Bridges in Costa Rica and know the basic elements of a Bridge Inspection Program.
2. Identify the main components and elements of a bridge, as well as the different types of bridges that exist.
3. Describe some basic concepts of mechanics of materials and structural mechanics to understand the behavior of a bridge before the application of load.
4. Establish the steps and general rules to carry out a bridge inspection in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
5. Expose the types of damage that could be found in a bridge according to the element and the type of material of which it is composed.
Have a computer with Internet access of at least 1 -2 MB
1. Internet Explorer (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
2. Have an audio system on the computer